|When you start using the VPVision as a monitoring system, good preparations are key to a successful installation. This makes the hardware and software installation easier which will result in more coherent monitoring reports.|
|Be aware that the new version of VPVision has just released, for more information about VPVision 5.2 can be found in the user manual|
Get a detailed insight into the installation from:
- Relevant pictures which can be taken during the factory visit (installation points and other important details).
- The list of all of the remote I/O modules and their connection overview.
- An overview/factory map (P&ID) with all rooms, piping diagrams (CAD drawing or PDF).
- The Process & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) of your compressed air system.
- A clear wiring diagram for the VPVision Main cabinet and for each I/O module.
It is important that all these points have been check during the preparation phase of the system. If you have not, please do so still, as this will help determine the need e.g. converters, cable lengths, power supply needs, etc.
|Important before you start: take into account the importance of proper documentation.|
Useful tools are:
- Configuration List: An easy overview of all the connected devices and their corresponding information, like Modbus address, the zero-span and converters IP address. (Downloadable documentation example)
- Overview of network architecture: A general overview of the factory’s Ethernet structure for VPVision, it’s sensors and converters. See an example here: