In this chapter we will cover:
- The set-up of the unique, proprietary safety cable for the VPFlowScope.
- How to assemble the VPFlowScopes for fixed installation.
- Insertion of an insertion type VPFlowScope in the pipeline.
2. Safety system overview and set-up
The insertion probes have a specially designed safety system. When tightened and installed correctly, a VPFlowScope can never exit the compression fitting due to the matching length of the safety cable.
2.1 Adjustable safety cable overview
- Compression fitting: 0.5 inch. with Teflon ferrule.
- Safety plate: Used to connect the fitting and safety system.
- Auto brake: The safety cable can be slid through the auto brake system. Moving upwards is only possible when the safety lock is pushed downwards.
- Safety lock: A nut for locking and unlocking the safety release. Push the lockdown in order to release the safety cable.
- Safety cable: Connects on one end to the safety system and on the other end to the VPFlowScope.
2.2 Adjustable safety cable set-up
3. Assemble your VPFlowScope M
|Step 1||Step 2|
|Step 3||Step 4|
The assembly should look like this. Check if the safety cable is secured.
4. Insert your VPFlowScope in the pipeline
4.1 VPFlowScope safety cable
|Step 1||Step 2 (DP / Probe only)|
Connect the safety cable to the sensor, by using the corresponding hooks and eyes.
|Step 3|| Step 4|
5. Next Step
When your flowmeter is assembled correctly and you have inserted it in your system it is time to take look at the electrical installation of your VPFlowScope.
Next Step: E1 Electrical installation