The display can be adjusted to fit your application. In this chapter we cover:
- Possible settings for the display
- How to adjust the settings via the display and VPStudio 2
|Each programming manner gives you different possibilities. So read the entire chapter to learn all the options.|
2. Display Overview
The default rows are:
The rows of the options can be adjusted to fit your application best. Each row can be adjusted to any of the options:
|Empty||Leaves the display row empty|
|Custom*||5 available units to be configured with VPStudio. Multiply an existing unit with a user-defined factor.|
2.2. Custom unit
Create your own custom unit as multiple factors of one of the parameters. This can be handy for instance in extreme conditions like small flows.
|Keep in mind that for the VPFlowScope the custom unit has to be configured using the VPStudio 2 software after which it can be selected from the display.|
Example: Flow in m3n/D.
- Unit: base for the calculation. E.g. Flow m3n/hr
- Factor: multiplies the unit for the end result. E.g. 24
- Name: select your own name (max 5 characters). E.g. m3n/D.
The end name will be Unit + Name, so here Flow m3n/D.
Example: Show compressed airflow as costs.
E.g. 1 SCFM costs 0.13 USD:
- Unit: base for the calculation. E.g. Flow SCFM
- Factor: multiplies the unit for the end result. E.g. 0.13
- Name: select your own name (max 5 characters). E.g. USD.
To see your custom unit on the home screen you have to adjust your rows and select the custom unit.
2.3 Display dim time
The display backlight dim time can be adjusted here. The default dim time is set to 10 sec. Other available options are:
- Fading off. The backlight will remain on.
- 5 till 30 seconds with steps of 5 seconds.
2.4 Display orientation
Is your display upside down? Rotate the display text by:
Menu >> Settings >> Display orientation >> ‘Enter’
|Keep in mind that when changing the display orientation, all of the keys maintain their specific functions.|
3. Adjusting manually via the Display
The options can be found at: Menu >> Settings >> Display
Use the up and down keys to navigate through all options. The highlighted line is the selected line that you are adjusting to. Use Enter to go to the next line and Enter to save your setting.
A custom unit: choose first which of the 5 units you would like to adjust, then follow the steps displayed on the screen.
4. Adjusting via VPStudio 2 software
In VPStudio 2 you can create the custom units. Unfold the menu settings of the flow meter and select Settings.
Open the ‘Display’ tab.
Program the custom units:
- Adjustments with factor, name, and unit – as explained above sub-chapter 2.2
- Click ‘Save’.
5. Next Step
In the next step, you will learn about the date & time settings in the next chapter.
Or set up your communication via your preferred communication protocol:
|C5. RS485 (Modbus RTU) Settings|
|C6. Analog Settings|
|C7. Ethernet Settings|
|C8. Wi-Fi Settings|