The flow meter needs to know the exact inner pipe diameter to calculate from velocity to volume mass flow. Changing the diameter is only posible when the sensor is connected. In this chapter, we explain how to do this.
This can be adjusted in different ways depending on the device:
|1. Via the Transmitter/display|
|2. Via the VPStudio software|
|3. Via Modbus|
2. Adjusting manually via the Transmitter/display
In the Transmitter/display:
Go to Menu >> Settings >> Diameter.
- Then enter the inner pipe diameter, use Enter to go to the next digit.
- Finally, confirm by pressing ‘Enter’.
3. Adjusting via VPStudio software
In VPStudio unfold the menu settings of the flow meter and select Settings.
In the installation tab, scroll down to environment settings.
Program the diameter:
- Tube unit: Select the desired unit via the pull-down. (mm or inch)
- Tube diameter: Enter the precise inner pipe diameter.
- Press Save – corner right below.
4. Adjusting via Modbus
To set your inner pipe diameter via Modbus, go to Chapter G8.
5. Next Step
Or go the next step of setting up your VPFlowScope: setting up your communications. The VPFlowScope’s allow for different communication ways. We recommend you to use a communication protocol that you are familiar with or that is available within your factory:
|For Modbus communication go to C5. RS486 – Modbus settings|
|For Analog communication go to C6. Analog settings|
|For Ethernet communication go to C7. Ethernet settings|